Training and Education
Northnode offers training and education, including training for trainers, in a wide range of areas. We can tailor our training to the specific needs of an agency, organization, or community. Please contact us for further information.
- Stepping in When Help is Needed. An interactive training for family members and friends of adults who need caring and capable guardians and conservators, using Stepping In When Help is Needed: An Educational Video on Guardianship and Conservatorship in Massachusetts, the training video developed by Northnode. Its main goal is to make the daunting work of guardianship and conservatorship accessible to informal care providers. The training is also very useful for professionals who work with incapacitated adults, attorneys, and members of the judiciary.
- Aging Wisely. A workshop on the power of advance directives, such as health care proxies and durable powers of attorney, to validate and protect our personal values in times of illness and incapacity.
- Domestic Violence Training. Comprehensive domestic violence training for direct service staff in health and human service agencies. This training will enable staff to more effectively identify and respond to adults and children affected by domestic violence.
- Leading with Equanimity. A workshop on secondary trauma for directors and program managers in crisis-oriented human service jobs. This workshop offers a way to integrate a commitment to high quality services with a balanced and sustained energy for the work at hand.
- Strength-based Approaches to Human Services. An engaged exploration of the principles that define strength-based and family-centered services and the challenges that arise as we work to apply these principles in our day-to-day direct service work.
- Complex Trauma: Responding to the Interconnected Effects of Intimate Partner Violence, Substance Abuse, and Mental Health Issues in the Delivery of Domestic Violence Services. Many adult survivors of domestic violence also struggle with serious substance abuse and mental health issues, which create special challenges as they seek the path of safety and recovery. This two-day training on Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder draws on strength-based approaches, Motivational Interviewing, a Stages of Change framework, and The Relational Model in order to increase providers' understanding of the challenges facing program participants, provide concrete strategies for responding effectively, and help staff remain balanced and energized in this challenging work. For more about this training please click here.
- Serving with Awareness. Mindfulness meditation holds great value for people in the helping professions. Seminar participants will learn about and practice basic meditation techniques, and will explore their applicability to day-to-day human service work.
For information on current workshops and seminars, go to events. If you are interested in scheduling training and education for your agency or organization, please contact us.
northnode - services - board-staff-associates - materials of interest
events - contact us
Northnode, Inc. is SOMWBA certified (W/NPO).
2001, 2010 Northnode. Please contact us for permission
to use any text or image on this web site.